#$$%^&*&&&*T$@.... wrote:
On Mon, 1 Aug 2005 14:24:59 -0400, "Pop"
wrote:

" wrote in
message
oups.com...
Greetings,

I know they get dimmer but what I don't know is if
they become
significantly less efficient. Do they use less
energy as they dim,
etc, etc? Does anyone else here know? I don't mind
using more dim
florescent bulbs to extend bulb life so long as I am
not paying extra
for the energy.

Thanks,
William

This is only logical thinking, not sure knowledge, but,
since a flourescent requires a certain voltage from its
xfmr to burst into light, I'd say all they've done is
lower the required current to stop them from glowing,
in order to allow dimming them. But I'm not sure of
that, so ...
I'm sure Google would turn up plenty of info,
including design infom

Yeah, after you struggle thru 300 porn sites linked from the word
"florescent" you might find something useful. Google is turning into
nothing but a giant link to porn sites. Type in ANY word and you'll
get more links to porn sites than anything else. Google will soon be
a dinosaur.

Greetings,

a) "florescent" refers to flowers (like in a garden). I believe you
meant "fluorescent" -- I am not nitpicking on spelling but it might
improve your search results
b) Google has advanced search options where you can turn on or off
adult site filtering. I am sure the filter doesn't catch them all but
you might enable it if it is off.
c) I personally don't find the number of adult sites returned by Google
significantly interferes with my searching.
d) The stock market does not indicate that Google will soon be a
dinosaur.
f) If you just hate Google there is somebody who loves you
http://members.microsoft.com/careers/default.mspx

Hope this helps,
William

HTH