jlc2

Default portable heater on 230v outlet

My 50-year-old furnace went out last spring and I ain't got the money
to replace in time for winter.

My house is a 1200sq ft ranch built in the late 50s.
I do not have central air but window unit that run off a dedicated
outlet that used cartridge fuses off the main service panel

last winter to cut down on the high gas cost I used my oven to help
keep the house warm and it does a good job for about half the house.
The other hlaf is where the bedrooms are at and I'm thinking that all
I need to get one convection type free standing heater unit and run it
off the outlet that the air conditioner used.

Of course it probably won't be a good thing to just plug it in(a 230v
outlet).

I would like to know two things:
1) Is there a heater unit I can get retail that I can plug into tha
higher voltage ports like I can get varoius type of air conditioners.
2) If not, is htere a adapter where I can plug a standard voltage
device into a higher voltage port?

The why is that I do not want to plug it into regular outlets in the
house because I jut have the original 100amp service panel and when I
used my oil-filled floor heater and I can hear thre service panel
humming when I'm in the basement and have that heater on.
Using th 230 outlket I can turn up the higher heat settings

Thanks