RP

Colbyt wrote:
"Don" wrote in message
news:RszHe.177274$tt5.101451@edtnps90...

How long should a new 80% Gas furnace last before requiring repair? My old
Lennox ran 25 years without any repair but I've heard the new models are
less reliable.

This is just a layperson's opinion.

The basic hardware componets are almost as reliable as they ever were.

The gottchas a

The flame igniter and the control board. Both of which are very costly if
you have to pay a service company to replace them.

There is also the draft inducer blower which I have not replaced yet.

A $15 igniter can cost up to $150 with a service call and off the truck
parts pricing.

The control boards run $200 and up plus labor.

I have replaced 2 igniters and one control board in 10 years (two furnaces).

IMO the cost of the gas for a 70% system would have been less.

HVAC guys don't flame me I just told it like it is.

There is nothing here to flame you on. You did indeed tell it like it is.
In fact, if the only difference between two new systems is the ECM v PSC
blower motor, I recommend the lower SEER of the two.

hvacrmedic

hvacrmedic