Colbyt

"Don" wrote in message
news:RszHe.177274$tt5.101451@edtnps90...
How long should a new 80% Gas furnace last before requiring repair? My old
Lennox ran 25 years without any repair but I've heard the new models are
less reliable.

This is just a layperson's opinion.

The basic hardware componets are almost as reliable as they ever were.

The gottchas a

The flame igniter and the control board. Both of which are very costly if
you have to pay a service company to replace them.

There is also the draft inducer blower which I have not replaced yet.

A $15 igniter can cost up to $150 with a service call and off the truck
parts pricing.

The control boards run $200 and up plus labor.

I have replaced 2 igniters and one control board in 10 years (two furnaces).

IMO the cost of the gas for a 70% system would have been less.

HVAC guys don't flame me I just told it like it is.

Colbyt