Jim Yanik

"Roger Taylor" wrote in
:

I would like to purchase a workbench for my garage.
I have a 6 foot space that I will use.
I would love to have something with some drawer space as well as
shelves.
I know there are some great modular ones out there but can't seem to
find anything I like.
The work bench would hopefuly be 6 foot in length and maybe behind it
install a backboard where I can hang tools and bins

Downloadable plans of various kinds at
http://plansnow.com/workbenchplans.html
I used the six foot workbench plans from an old 1950's Good
Houskeeping home improvement project book; it is very robust, and it
has served well for forty years. Building from plans is easy, lumber
yards will precut frame pieces to size for easy assembly, and you get
the self satisfaction as well as the perfect fit and functions you
wish. Also, check out Google (Images) and enter the word workbench.
It is a good idea source (48k hits).

Wood Magazine just had some plans for simple workbenches.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik