Baron

Be careful. The cabinets may very well have been more than just
stained - glazed and toned. You could actually use the same stain yourself
on maple and it still wouldn't perfectly match.

Good Luck.

"Melissa" wrote in message
. ..
Still making slow progress on our kitchen remodel. We've decided we'd
like to have the baseboard and door trim look close to the color of the
cabinets we've ordered. Thought to call the cabinet company to ask for
a recommendation - they offer their own stain in quarts that will match
as close as possible given the cabinets are maple and the trims would be
pine. Sounds great, but the stain is $35 for a quart, about 4 times
the cost of those I passed in the paint aisle in the store. Is it worth
it to purchase from the cabinet manuf. or is there some way to get a
close match buying stain off the shelf, without buying many cans as test
runs? The cabinets are maple, and the stain is called Spice. It looks
like the color of honey to me, although they have a honey stain that
looks more like natural wood to me. If I do go with the manufacturer's
stain, how close would the color match be between maple and pine?
Thanks for any advice.

Melissa