Pop

" wrote in
message
ups.com...
Greetings,

I know they get dimmer but what I don't know is if
they become
significantly less efficient. Do they use less
energy as they dim,
etc, etc? Does anyone else here know? I don't mind
using more dim
florescent bulbs to extend bulb life so long as I am
not paying extra
for the energy.

Thanks,
William

This is only logical thinking, not sure knowledge, but,
since a flourescent requires a certain voltage from its
xfmr to burst into light, I'd say all they've done is
lower the required current to stop them from glowing,
in order to allow dimming them. But I'm not sure of
that, so ...
I'm sure Google would turn up plenty of info,
including design infom

HTH
Pop