Bud

"Clock outlets" are recessed - may or may not work for your refrigerator
plug, and as another post noted, they take a lot more space in the box -
which may not be available.

The refrigerator may have a 90° plug with the cord exiting parallel to
the wall. This would probably get you about as close to the wall as the
baseboard would allow.

Bud--

BC Drums wrote:
We are planning to replacing our refrigerator with a new one that is
deeper than the current one. There is a regular surface-mount AC outlet
on the wall directly behind our refrigerator. I would like to replace it
with a recessed AC outlet, so that I can gain additional clearance
behind the new fridge.

I can't find such an outlet on the web, possibly because I do not know
what it is called in the trade. Anyone know?

Thanks!
BC