"Dan-o" wrote in message

I am considering a portable AC/heating unit for my 400 sq ft shop. Any
recommendations on brands to consider or to not consider?

Daewoo is nice... $5K Btu/h with a 10.2 EER for $69. Remove and discard
the hot coil and its fan, replace with a copper pipe tube-in-tube heat
exchanger, eg a 10'x3/4" pipe inside a 9'x1" pipe, with Us in the middle
and a bored-out 1" T and reducer at each end. Pump pressurized cold water
through it and back into a hot water pipe in summertime. Pump it through
a large EZ-Set pool in the basement in wintertime.

Nick