geoff

Default Speed cameras (Was: New Electrical Regulations)

In message , IMM
writes

There are reckless drivers who speed. And there are quick assertive
drivers.

I have to agree there

Speed cameras are to get the non-locals. The locals drive just as badly in
no camera stretches.

Yes

The problem with preaching (as I seem to be doing) is that no-one is
perfect and so I hereby confess that there have been occasions in my
16-year driving career when I have broken the speed limit. Mostly
completely inadvertantly and immediately corrected, twice or three times
completely deliberately - but the deliberate cases were all on empty
stretches of motorway and I wouldn't have complained, though I would
have felt very stupid, if I'd been clocked.

Sanctimonious ****

Are you a priest? The police want an 80mph limit on motorways. They said if
a driver is doing 80mph and not a danger they would leave him. I drive at
aprox 80mph, or to what the prevailing traffic does. I don't keep looking
at the speedo as this distracts from watching the cars in front which can
suddenly all slam on.

And you were doing so well there

I have never tried to take anything so much as a grain of tobacco
through customs :-)

You prefer pure weed then ?

Someone get me a thermometer - I must be ill

--
geoff