TURTLE

"~^Johnny^~" wrote in message

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 14:15:10 -0500, "TURTLE"
wrote:

"George Raetz" wrote in message
I have 7 year old Kenmore/Frigidaire top freezer refrigerator. It
been really hot lately, compressor runs about 90% of the time but
does maintain 35F in fresh food compartment as long as evaporator
is frost free. Problem is that evap coils keep frosting over and I
have to defrost these manually. I have replaced defrost timer and
checked the heater/thermostat circuit(measures 33ohm )to be good.
Is it possible that the excessive on-duty cycle produces frost
faster than system can remove it? Have any experts seen an problem
like this?
Thanks , in advance
George Raetz

This is Turtle.

You forgot one item to check. The '' defrost terminator ''

Read it again.

I have replaced defrost timer and checked the
heater/thermostat circuit(measures 33ohm )to be good.

This is Turtle.

Does Thermostat circuit mean defrost terminator ? Or Does it mean he check the
thermostat circuit of the refrigerator ?

I see a lot of defrost systems have trouble and they change the timer and then
check the heat element and it's good. then they still have trouble and find out
later the defrost terminator would let the defrost cycle start but cut it off
way too soon.

This fellow has a defrost terminator messing up or he installed the defrost
timer in correctly. he did say the heat element had 33 ohms and seems to be ok.

TURTLE