Carolina Breeze HVAC

"Bob Scheurle" wrote in message
I want to replace the insulation on my 3/4" copper air-conditioning
pipes. The length is about 12 feet. There are two types of insulation
available, polyethylene and rubber. Which would be best?

The polyethylene has 3/8" thick walls and an R value of 2. The rubber
has either 3/8" or 1/2" thick walls, and I have no idea about the R
value.

I'm primarily concerned about which one will insulate the pipe from the
outdoor heat better, and withstand the sun, rain, insects, etc. Cost is
not an issue.

Thanks...

Rubatex branded insulation, its about $4 a section at Lowes and Home depot,
but about 99 cents a section at any legitimate supply center with a valid
contractors licence, about $2 a section without.
DO NOT use that cheap ass crap, or it will outgas and be gone in a few
months.
You are not insulating it from the outdoor heat, you are insulating it to
keep it from sweating to the unit and creating damage inside the home as
most of the time, the heat pickup will be minimal at best.

--
Bob Scheurle | "There's nobody getting
| rich writing software."
Remove X's and dashes | -- Bill Gates, March 1980