Edwin Pawlowski

"3rd eye" wrote in message
As you said. Short ladder.
Based on what I've seen of type III ladders, I'd never climb a fully
extended 40'er.
Like to think they don't make em.

Along the same lines, I'd rather climb a barely extended 40' ladder than a
fully extended 28' to get to the same height.

I'm not afraid of heights, but I want something really solid under me to get
to the top. PITA to lug and set up though.

Where I work there is a 220 foot brick smoke stack. A crew did some work on
it and they stack wood ladders one atop the other all the way up. The
ladders are lashed to each other and around the stack. No way would you get
my ass up them.