Amamba

Default Please help - lawn tractor won't start

Hi,

I have an Ariens 1540H lawnmower tractor which ran fine for two months.
Today, I let it run out of gas. When I re-fueled it (within 20 min) it
won't start. It starts when I use starting spray (one of these things
they sell in Home Depot, that you spray into air filter to force engine
that won't start). But it dies once the starting spray vapors run out.

I checked fuel lines. The ones going from gas tank to air filter and
from air filter to fuel pump have some gas in them. The one coming out
of fuel pump to th e engine is dry. There were two other lines going to
the pump and both had some gas in them, although I can't say they were
full. I took the pump apart; it has a small membrane in it, there was
some gasoline in the pump, and the exit "stub" leading out of it was
free of obstruction. I put it back together but it still won't start.

So, I guess either the pump stopped working, or there's an air gap
somewhere ? I am not good with engines, so any help will be greatly
appreciated !