Tman

"toller" wrote in message
If you chose to design your own. just be sure that the net current going
though any metal hole must be zero. It was not clear if you were doing
that.

ahh so I need to run both the hot and neutral (and ground also?) from the
subpanel, through the conduit, then splice in the main panel. This makes a
lot of sense... I suppose a net current in the conduit could induce a
current in the conduit itself.

If you try to draw more than 5500w from you generator it will let you know
quickly by stalling. Hopefully you will not burn anything out in the
process.

The generator breaker actually pops before the voltage or frequency gets out
of bounds enough to fry something...