TURTLE

"George Raetz" wrote in message
I have 7 year old Kenmore/Frigidaire top freezer refrigerator. It been really
hot lately, compressor runs about 90% of the time but does maintain 35F in
fresh food compartment as long as evaporator is frost free. Problem is that
evap coils keep frosting over and I have to defrost these manually. I have
replaced defrost timer and checked the heater/thermostat circuit(measures
33ohm )to be good. Is it possible that the excessive on-duty cycle produces
frost faster than system can remove it? Have any experts seen an problem like
this?
Thanks , in advance
George Raetz

This is Turtle.

You forgot one item to check. The '' defrost terminator '' to see if it is
good. It is a 1" button that is clamped on the evaperator coil to tell when the
coil is defrosted and turn element off. if it is bad it will not let the coil
defrost at all.

TURTLE