Colbyt

"The Tilton Family" wrote in message
. ..
I purchased two pallets of castlewall blocks to build a two foot high
retaining wall to replace a railroad tie wall that had gotten rotted and
ugly. I then found that removing the ties was a major problem and was
wondering if I could successfully build the wall just in front of the

ties,
which would require the base course be on the concrete driveway. That

would
entail chiseling the lips off that base course. Has anyone had any
experience in laying these blocks on a concrete base rather than sand?
As Always Thanks,
Bob T

I am not familiar with the brand you mentioned.

The upside down option might work. Breaking the lip off is an option if you
are careful. Grinding it off with an angle grinder is a better one for
accuracy. Mud setting them with a stiff layer of mortar is still another
option.

It is a good thing for your wall to tilt back slightly toward the retained
area.

I actually poured a footer for the wall I built and set the first course,
which was below grade in mud to insure a level first course from end to end
and a very slight tilt toward the retained area.

Colbyt