Duane Bozarth

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

Well, you'll be pleased to learn this is as it has always been w/ base
for tint--there's room left to make the full gallon w/ the tint.

Well you'll be sorry to learn this. The tint base was 3 11/16 quarts but the
ready mixed colors are 3 27/32. Yes, they are shorting what was formerly
known as a "gallon" of paint. This was on the line in question. Some
others were still a full gallon.

I don't think that necessarily shows it's any different than previous,
however, does it?

Were any that were "full" gallons marked a tint base? I'd suspect not.

In most instances, starting from 126 oz, say, the net would still be
somewhat under 132 even after tinting. So, if they've "pre-tinted" from
the tint base quantity, it's still likely to be what you would always
have gotten starting from the tint base and custom tinting.

IOW, a "gallon" hasn't always been a gallon and the amount "short" in
the OP's note is the same amount short as has been shown for an extended
period of time.

I suppose it is possible a pre-tinted before (other than the basic
white) may have been marketed in 132 oz gal, but I have no old
examples of that to compare with. My suspicion is that they don't make
any distinction in manufacturing and use the tint base volumes in order
to achieve simplicity of manufacture of consistency of color.