Banty

In article , meirman says...

In alt.home.repair on 30 Jul 2005 09:01:55 -0700 Banty
posted:

clash. But brown is used a lot of places so there are always a lot of
browns. This one, when they don't make it, they don't make anything
close enough. That won't stop a clerk from suggesting something,
though. He doesn't know there is another house a half inch away.

That's one of the pitfalls of defining colors. Why even have to search for ones
that "at least don't clash"? In 40 years, you'll see a sea of
sorta-mostly-matching motley looking shades of russet brown. Bleahh.

Better to set up some contrast from the get go.

Banty (OK, carrot-yellow does sound pretty crappy...)

I was supposed to move out when I got married and had kids. Otherwise
I like it here. At the rate I'm going, I'll be hear until I die,
which is planned for 40 years from now, as you say, when I'm 98. I
hope it doesn't look terrible, because by the time I'm 90, I won't
have the energy to pack, let alone put all the features in my new
place that I put in this one.

That's OK - your cataracts will blend in all the various versions of "russet
brown" by then ;-)