dadiOH

"murmur" wrote in message
Hi,

I've purchased a house in which the previous owners have recently used
acrylic paint over oil paint. I say this because the acrylic paint can
be scraped off very easily (with a fingernail), and it appears to be

oil
paint underneath.

I would like to repaint with a latex. Do I need to scrape off all the
acrylic, or can I use a primer over everything, then proceed with the
new paint job? (If so, which primer?). Any other advise would be
appreciated.

"Acrylic" paint *is* latex.

--
dadiOH