meirman

In alt.home.repair on 30 Jul 2005 09:01:55 -0700 Banty
posted:

When I lived in Brooklyn, I made a point to go see Levittown, Long
Island, just because of its fame. I went in 1980 or so.

I too noted that almost all had additions and bushes, and trees iirc.
I sort of wondered how the 5% of people with no changes 30 years
later felt.

But wait - remember the Sears calatlog bungalow! Having kept the original stuff
is now a value booster. I'm even told I shoudln't trash my barely-working 1960
cooktop and built-in oven - they're "vintage" eBay fodder.

Maybe they're right. I woudl start advertising in ebay before the new
ones went in. That way if no one bites, you won't have a spare oven
and stovetop around. If the price it sells for is really high, maybe
you can spend more moeny on your new stuff.

OTOH, timing your purchase that way is hard to coordinate with sales
on the new stuff.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether