ameijers

"Jennifer" wrote in message
oups.com...

Sam Nickaby wrote:
We keep replacing the shower curtains because of mold. Recently we
bought an anti-mold shower curtain. This lasted a bit longer but
eventually mold will grow on it. What are some ways I can prevent
mold growth on shower curtains.

Are you using plastic or cloth? The cloth ones last much longer, and
you can just toss them in the washer when they start to smell mildewy.
They also just look much nicer than the plastic ones.

I'll second or third that. I buy the closest thing to a hotel shower curtain
I can find in civilian stores, looks like the same stuff they make the sails
for the baby sailboats out of. Some sort of synthetic, never bothered to
read the labels that close. Once every 3-4 months, I run it through the
washer with a load of towels, and hang it back up damp. No mold problems at
all, and I'm a slob. They seem to last about 5 years for me before the edges
start looking frayed. I'll never go back to plastic.

aem sends...