Kay Lancaster

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:10:21 -0400, James Nipper wrote:
What is your recommendation on a new opener ?? Another Craftsman? What
about Genie ? The one I have is a chain driven type, and I wonder if the
belt driven types are better??

Put in a Genie Excelerator a few months ago to replace an old chain
drive opener-- installation was relatively straightforward and simple.
Would have been simpler if the guy who put up the first opener hadn't
torqued down the bolts so tightly... first time I've ever wrung the
post off a socket wrench. g The hardest part of the installation
was connecting the wiring to the terminals in the head of the opener;
they're pretty small to be easy, especially when working overhead.
And I have skinny fingers.

Anyhow, it's been quiet and opens very quickly.

Kay