CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Sherman wrote:
On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 09:03:54 -0400, "CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert"
wrote:

Sherman wrote:

I just dumped my refrigerator Ice Bin into the sink. I'm tired of
getting old Ice from my ice dispenser. After a week or so the ice
picks up an 'old ice' smell or taste. I have it triple filtered so I
don't think that is the problem.

sometimes the system gets shot and the whole watering system needs to be
replaced.

Go grab a bag of ice and open it and let it sit in there for a few days.
If it does not start to smell like the other ice, you know there is an
issue with your water, or hardware being contaminated...

I've solved it by turning off the icemaker periodically. I always
have clean non-odorous ice now. We are happy with the results.

Nice. I always wanted an option to reduce the rate of ice creation since
we dont consume that much. No such luck though. I wonder if there is a
specific food that contributes to fast ice corruption!?

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert