TURTLE

"badgolferman" wrote in message
Yesterday in SE VA the heat was so oppressive my home AC was
overwhelmed. At 4 PM when I came home the temperature outside was 102.
My AC is set to 78 and the inside of the house was 84. By the time I
went to bed at 11 PM it had come down to 81 inside the house. This
morning it is at 78 again.

Is this a function of the poor insulation of my house or is it likely
my system needs to be serviced? My house is 1650 sq ft with vaulted
ceilings and one ceiling fan in the great room and ceiling fans in the
bedrooms. I also have two skylights in the great room that I hate
which contribute to heat in there too. I believe the system is 2 or
2.5 tons; the original barely adequate system installed by the builder.

--
"I miss. I miss. I miss. I make."
Seve Ballesteros describing his four-putt at Augusta's No. 16 in 1988.

This is Turtle.

Well you need to get some one to explain to you what design temperature is and
why the contractor did not put a unit sized to take care of any temperature over
95ºF and when it get 102ºF outdoors your going to get hot. Maybe it will make
you feel better while your hot in your home.

I would have your unit serviced to see if it is anything wrong there.

TURTLE