TURTLE

"Ellen Ridenbaucher" wrote in message
G'day everyone,

I recently had my air conditioner serviced. It had been working fine, the
company just got around to me for my annual service. This is a residential
home, approx. 2,300 sq. ft.

The young chap who serviced the system, presented me with an invoice for
$793.00. He said I was 20lbs. low on refrigerant.

I attempted to look through some newsgroups related to heating and cooling
in hopes to find an answer on how much refrigerant an air conditioner holds.
This seems to be the best NG, with the least flames.

Hope someone may be able to give me a ballpark figure on the refrigerant.

God bless,

Ellie

This is turtle.

He Got Over on you !

if you had a 10 ton or 2 -- 5 ton central systems you could put totally in it
maybe 20 pounds.

the most I've ever put in a residentiual unit on homes is totally filling it
with 14 pounds.

If the unit was working and cooling at all . The fellow could not get 20 pounds
in at best 14 pound system. If the system was cooling a little. He could not
have put more than 3 or 4 pounds in it at best.

I would call the Sheriff Department or city Police and file a Robbery that took
place. This would be robbery by defraud of billing. if your over 60 years of age
it's Default Robbery of the elderly. Louisiana has 5 to 8 years in prison for
it. Then for elderly it 10 years minium.

TURTLE