Sacramento Dave

"Ellen Ridenbaucher" wrote in message
G'day everyone,

I recently had my air conditioner serviced. It had been working fine, the
company just got around to me for my annual service. This is a

residential
home, approx. 2,300 sq. ft.

The young chap who serviced the system, presented me with an invoice for
$793.00. He said I was 20lbs. low on refrigerant.

I attempted to look through some newsgroups related to heating and cooling
in hopes to find an answer on how much refrigerant an air conditioner

holds.
This seems to be the best NG, with the least flames.

Hope someone may be able to give me a ballpark figure on the refrigerant.

God bless,

Ellie

Look at the bill for any small print it sounds they included a brake job
on the service truck. We just had to have a new compressor put in our AC.
The system had to be charged ( I believe the system had to be evacuated
first) The service man had to come out twice , first time to see what the
problem was, order parts.The bill was $1900. Home warranty cost me $80. Our
house is 2900 Sq. Ft. The bill dose not say how many pounds of refrigerant
were used. I know from talking to service men, That he gets a commission for
anything over the set fee he gets. This guy told he try's to find as much
plumbing to change in somebody's house on service calls ( angle stops,
toilet repair) Do some investigation. Then start making a stink. Call the
State Contractors board, Some local TV station love this stuff, Better
blueness association.( there pretty much a joke ) Now if your a senior you
even have more power on your side. The squeaky wheel gets the oil. It's a
shame what some service work has become, there is more than enough honest
money to be made.