Mellowed

Regarding the type of drive,, If you are in an area of harsh Winters, go
with the chain.

"James Nipper" wrote in message
:
:
: I have a garage door opener from Craftsman, I don't know the model.
It is
: about 10 years old. It will open from the manual switch, but not from
the
: remotes. I know how to re-program them, but that has not helped.
This has
: been a problem for a while, it seems off and on as to whether the
remotes
: will work. I assume the receiver in the opener to be defective, and I
doubt
: it is replaceable. The mechanical part of the opener seems fine.
:
: What is your recommendation on a new opener ?? Another Craftsman?
What
: about Genie ? The one I have is a chain driven type, and I wonder if
the
: belt driven types are better??
:
: Thanks for any tips or advice !!