mark

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
James Nipper wrote:

I had a Craftsman chain drive in my last garage. It worked fine. I
forget now who makes them for Craftsman, but it may be Chamberlain.

I now have a screw drive from LiftMaster and it works fine as well. I
think it is a little quieter, but I can't say if it is really any better
than the chain drive. I've never owned a belt drive so I have no comment.

Matt

I replaced my 15 year old craftsman with a new craftsman and like the
salesman said most the noise is from the door not the opener. Both craftsman
were made by chamberlain. Chamberlain also owns Liftmaster.