RBM

You need to look up "The spaceship company" a spin-off of the Virgin group.
They are about to build commercial space craft and I wouldn't be a bit
surprised if they're not more successful than government efforts and I would
assume they plan to make a profit

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote in message
And do you think that the private sector would do this kind of thing
without govt. subsidies (i.e., without the govt. taking our tax dollars
and turning them over to private corporations)? How long do you think it
would take for them to see any return for their investment?

Is there a law against private exploration of space? If not, then perhaps
there isn't any because there's no profit to be made.

Perce

On 07/29/05 02:52 pm RBM tossed the following ingredients into the
ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

That's exactly why we need government running less and interfering less
and let private sector do what it does best. And just maybe private
sector could actually make a profit

Isn't is obvious to the most clueless that the tanks to be covered
with a hairnet or pantyhose type covering?

Surely there are dozens of materials that will withstand the heat and
vibration of lift-off NOT reentry.....

I would have done that on day one. The idiots at NASA and spent a
billion dollars and 2 and 1/2 years and they haven't figured it out
yet.....