Art

THe universal receive is a good idea. I had to buy one because my car's
buttons were not compatible with my garage door opener. The universal
receiver from HD or Lowes did the trick.

"Jmagerl" wrote in message

"James Nipper" wrote in message

I have a garage door opener from Craftsman, I don't know the model. It
is
about 10 years old. It will open from the manual switch, but not from
the
remotes. I know how to re-program them, but that has not helped. This
has
been a problem for a while, it seems off and on as to whether the remotes
will work. I assume the receiver in the opener to be defective, and I
doubt
it is replaceable. The mechanical part of the opener seems fine.

What is your recommendation on a new opener ?? Another Craftsman?
What
about Genie ? The one I have is a chain driven type, and I wonder if the
belt driven types are better??

Thanks for any tips or advice !!

--James--

you can buy universal recievers for about $50. Cheaper than a whole new
opener. THey hook up to the push button wire (you say that works?).

See here for one.
http://www.smarthomeusa.com/Shop/Rem...es/Item/30020/
I think Genie also makes one.