meirman

In alt.home.repair on Fri, 29 Jul 2005 10:42:49 -0400 "HotRod"
posted:

Sand blast...

That sounds best. Any idea how much that costs. (I"m not being
sarcastic.)

I was going to say that, depending on the kind of paint and how much,
maybe a razor scraper. I found for brick, the best kind is the cheap
box cutter that is just a thin double fold piece of metal with a
thinner double fold inside that holds the blade. Most sold these days
are only useful as a box cutter, but some had at the opposite end
something that would grip the back of the single edge razor blade.

It only holds it in the middle, and then ends are free to flex, so the
blade doesn't break near as often as the ones that hold the non-sharp
blade edge all the way across.

It worked very well for me to get extra mortar off and if the paint
would chip off in chunks, maybe this blade would get that started, at
surface level, like it did with the mortar.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.