Doug Kanter

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message

...I would either find a way to cut production costs or
reluctantly raise prices. ...

Some production costs are beyond your control.

Where did I say they weren't? What about either...or did you not
understand?

...Would you be OK with paying $25 for a gallon of paint instead of $19?

The point is, either way you are paying the higher volume price...just
one way it's clear while the other way it's not (and a deliberate
attempt to pull a "fast one" over on the consumer, imo)...

Why not call a few manufacturers and see what their logic was. Start with
Sherwin-Williams. Continue with General Mills, Kraft. Del Monte etc etc etc.
Maybe they found out from focus groups that the smaller package was a better
idea. There might be a reason for this. Think about it. Let's say you have a
fairly strict food budget. $100 a week, to pick a number. Now, your favorite
ice cream goes up $1.00 in price. 5 cans of beans go up a quarter each. Your
detergent does the same, along with paper goods. Add it all up and perhaps
your bill is now $120.00. You may say you can adjust to that, but a whole
lot of people can't. So, who should the manufacturers cater to?

I'm not saying you're wrong to be outraged by a size change, but I don't
think the motives behind it are pure evil, as some people suggest.