Duane Bozarth

Doug Kanter wrote:
Back to the paint: If you were responsible for cost control at
Sherwin-Williams, and because of some REAL factor (raw materials, labor,
etc), you absolutely had to maintain a certain profit margin, how would you
handle it?

Unequivocally, I would either find a way to cut production costs or
reluctantly raise prices. I would not under any circumstances choose
of my own volition the "under-size the container" solution.

And, btw, I think the undersized ply is an abomination too (and always
will no matter how long they label it 23/32".