Noozer

"Cubby" wrote in message
ups.com...
Ok, I do not have a crawl space or basement. If I removed 4" of
drywall from the bottom of the wall, I still couldn't get into the
studs very well (~ 1" to get a drill in there etc... I'm not sure that
would work very well). I haven't decided yet on mouldings so I may
have some lee way there in terms of taking more drywall out. Anyway,
thanks for the inputs.

Have you considered wainscotting? That would cover the lower 36" of the
wall - LOTS of room to remove drywall and hit the center of the studs withe
5/8" hole. It would probably look classier in the long run as well!