Owain

Default Entryphone supplier?

"T i m" wrote
| I'm looking for a (good) supplier for a basic door entry phine
| thing.
| Google shows up loads of stuff but I'm really asking if someone here
| has personal experience of such and can advise please.
| I need to add another handset to an existing pair and upon
| inspection it seems like they have the basic connections inside
| like a std telephone (screw terminals marked 1-6) and the orig
| installer has tacked a (PTM) button on the top for the door release
| cct?

An additional handset *must* be compatible with the existing, and whilst
most systems work on a "4 common wires and one call wire per flat" basis,
things like voltages and impedances vary widely. bpt in particular are
incompatible with just about anything else.

If you can take photos of the handset and panel and put them on a website I
or someone may be able to suggest.

Otherwise, try www.safelink.co.uk or .com; they distribute all the major
makes and will do credit card orders for individuals.

One warning: the panel at the front door (holding the buttons) might not be
the same manufacturer as the speech circuit located within.

Owain