Jmagerl

"James Nipper" wrote in message

I have a garage door opener from Craftsman, I don't know the model. It is
about 10 years old. It will open from the manual switch, but not from the
remotes. I know how to re-program them, but that has not helped. This
has
been a problem for a while, it seems off and on as to whether the remotes
will work. I assume the receiver in the opener to be defective, and I
doubt
it is replaceable. The mechanical part of the opener seems fine.

What is your recommendation on a new opener ?? Another Craftsman? What
about Genie ? The one I have is a chain driven type, and I wonder if the
belt driven types are better??

Thanks for any tips or advice !!

--James--

you can buy universal recievers for about $50. Cheaper than a whole new
opener. THey hook up to the push button wire (you say that works?).

See here for one.
http://www.smarthomeusa.com/Shop/Rem...es/Item/30020/
I think Genie also makes one.