Banty

In article , meirman says...

I've seen quite a few townhouses or doubles (side by side duplexes)
where they were originally built the same, but they put roofs on
separately, in different colors even, they put different siding on, or
paint the entire house different colors. That's worse than a fence.
(Is this fence in the front yard or back?)

In fact, that's the reason townhouses now are built with all adjecent
houses different colors. Because when n'hhood were all the same
color, the neighbors would on purpose or for laziness paint or trim
with different colors. So some would be the same and some would be
different and it looked terrible. Now they are all different, so it
doesn't look bad when a given pair doesn't match.

Now whoever decided to make the houses different in the first place is very
wise. Makes a livable plan that allows for human beings, exhibiting actual
human behavior, to live together. It's the approach that everyone is supposed
to be lock-step that doesn't work.

(And what the Sam Hill is the horribly worng thing with differentiating two
attached houses in the first place??)

So far my strip is ok, with everything russet brown, but at the top of
the hill, where it was supposed to be harvest gold or something, a
half a dozen people bought paint without finding out where they were
supposed to buy it, got the wrong colors, and that strip looks
terrible. I sort of like it better when the houses are all the same
color, but having them all different colors is insurance against what
happened at the top of my hill.

Looks terrible how?

Banty