Banty

In article , giga says...

I agree with what you guys a are saying.

But for me it's the principle. Why should he get his nice fence to match his
home? We paid good money for our homes (still paying for the home lol). He
should have been a decent man and talked to me about it. What bothers me is
I could have put mine up before he moved in. But I gave him the benefit of
the doubt and said ok lets wait for him and see what happens.

Now wait.

From *his* POV, he can look at it as, you're not putting up a fence, sitting
back and seeing if *he'll* do the expense. He could view it as being
passive-aggressive on *your* part.

Then - you come over and offer to pay half, but only if you get to pick *your*
color. Yes - your color - it's not so obvious that a fence has to 'go with' the
house color, or that brown doesn't go with your house color, or that black goes
with both house colors...

So, faced with what he may view as *your* posing and plotting to get what you
want, he thinks "heck, whatever, I'm done with this guy next door and his games,
I'll put up my fence, I'll pay for it".

Another thing I didn't mention is I'm up in Canada in the province of Quebec
where French is predominate language. I'm English and he is French so maybe
he feels this is his Province so he thinks he has more right to his own
fence than I did

Sounds like the two of y'all weren't going to come to an agreement anyway, so he
did his own thing. What else was he supposed to do

But I do understand what you guys are saying. but you don't what it feels
like till you have it done to you.

Um - I'm pretty sure most folks here live in neighborhoods have had experience
with the various compromises and give and takes and sometimes lose that life
brings in a community where people live together.

Banty