Mark and Kim Smith

Rick wrote:

Hi everybody,

I have an asphalt driveway (400 square feet) that's in rough condition; I'd
like to replace with interlocking stones.

Problem is that moneys tight. So here's the plan, we bust up the asphalt
with a pick and shovel, then shovel or somehow evenly scrap off about three
inches of whatever's under the asphalt (I assume it will be compacted
crushed stone).

Then we add about an inch of new sand, and install the interlocking
stones\bricks.

I can get the stones for 54 cents each (3 stones equal's one square foot) so
after tax total price for that should be $744.00. I have no idea how much
the new sand will cost though, or how I'm going to dispose of the old
asphalt and base materials, yet.

Advice?

Please and thank you.

Sand for my paver job cost me $22 a yard.