Walter R.

I use a roller in order to get completely even coverage. This leaves a
dimpled finish. Immediately after the whole door, or whatever, is evenly
covered, I slide a very fine brush over the dimples to eliminate them.
Merely the weight of the brush on the tip of the brush is sufficient. Use
long "slides" from one end of the piece to the other. Works great with oil
and latex, flat and gloss.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
wrote in message
ups.com...
Probably a beginner paint question, but I'm a beginner.

I've been painting some interior rooms, using good quality Benjamin
Moore (mostly darker colors on the bottom half of the 6-part chip
sample) and I always seem to require at least 3 coats to make the brush
marks diappear. Even over 2 solid coats of primer. What might I be
doing wrong?

Thanks for any advice.

Janis