Chris Jarshant

Default Disabling sprinklers for pool construction

All,

We had a home built by a local builder about 3 years ago, and
now want to put in a pool. I took pictures of almost everything
during construction except for the sprinkler layout (I was out
of town). Now we want to put in a pool, and I want to cap one
of the 5 zones of the sprinkler system (as the pool's decking
will cover it forever). For another zone, I want to ensure it
won't be in the way of excavation, because it will be useful
after construction so I don't want to cap it at the source.

Any tips on locating buried water lines (aside from "going
caddyshack" on the backyard!). Any pointers to a typical
setup for residential sprinkler systems? I want to
cap the zone at the right place. Not sure where in the
system the right place to cap for a zone is.

TIA!!

cj