SteveF

First I'd make sure to use a good quality brush that is has the bristles
tapered instead of one where all the bristles are cut to the same length.
Next when brushing make sure your finish strokes go from the area to be
painted next into the area just painted. In other words, if you are
painting a vertical board and starting at the top, put on the paint and get
it smoothed out downward, then make very light finish strokes starting on
the unpainted part and going upward across the part just painted.

Steve.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Probably a beginner paint question, but I'm a beginner.

I've been painting some interior rooms, using good quality Benjamin
Moore (mostly darker colors on the bottom half of the 6-part chip
sample) and I always seem to require at least 3 coats to make the brush
marks diappear. Even over 2 solid coats of primer. What might I be
doing wrong?

Thanks for any advice.

Janis