Luke

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 18:51:34 -0400, "kato"
wrote:

I have a wall outlet located near the ceiling (probably for a clock) that
I'd like to remove and then patch over. This outlet is on the same circuit
as another outlet near the floor that I want to leave in place. My question:
Can I just remove the box, connect the wires on both sides from this top
outlet, then cap off and tape these wires and leave them in the wall before
I patch over the hole?

As others said, no you can't bury the box. What I do in that
situation, if I don't have something to plug in, is hang a picture,
plate, battery operated clock, or whatever over the outlet. It's
better to replace the outlet with a blank plate, but if you don't know
how to do that, leave the outlet, perhaps use child-proof caps in it.

--
Luke
"We have the media now."
-- Ann Coulter, on The Sean Hannity Show, July 26, 2005