Charles Spitzer

"miamicuse" wrote in message
I am exploring cutting a 36"x36" hole through the 8" concrete slab in my
kitchen to access a sewer line for repair.

Called a few concrete contractors and one told me he will use a jackhammer
to punch the hole (cost $300) and the other told me he will use a saw
(cost
$500). The jackhammer will probably spray dust in all directions and
shake
loose some copper pipes in walls. The saw will make a clean cut according
to the contractor but he told me "imagine starting a motor cycle immersed
in
a mud puddle"...this does not sound promising. Is there a way to do this
minimize dust and mess? I am willing to pay a bit more for a cleaner
procedure.

Also, if they use a saw, does it mean it is a big mean machine they will
move from my door to the kitchen and along the way it may scratch the
tiles
along it's path?

Thanks,

MC

yes. you can get hand wet saws. makita makes one. you hold up a wet/dry near
the cut to remove the water, but you get no dust at all.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w..._ite =Froogle