Carolina Breeze HVAC

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
badgolferman wrote:
Yesterday in SE VA the heat was so oppressive my home AC was
overwhelmed. At 4 PM when I came home the temperature outside was
102. My AC is set to 78 and the inside of the house was 84. By the
time I went to bed at 11 PM it had come down to 81 inside the house.
This morning it is at 78 again.

Is this a function of the poor insulation of my house or is it likely
my system needs to be serviced? My house is 1650 sq ft with vaulted
ceilings and one ceiling fan in the great room and ceiling fans in the
bedrooms. I also have two skylights in the great room that I hate
which contribute to heat in there too. I believe the system is 2 or
2.5 tons; the original barely adequate system installed by the
builder.

You have been given some good advice and information. I will only add
a few thoughts.

A/C should be sized based on the home's construction, including
insulation. There for if you A/C is not keeping you cool under "normal"
conditions, it may not be functioning as it should or it may be
undersized. Of course in large parts of the world right now, temperature
is not normal and it is much hotter than normal.

If you are unsure of the insulation, have it checked and consider
adding more. More is always better.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

#1 complaint in VA and NC, SC the past week has been this one.

Normally, no one took the time to explain something called design temp to
the homeowner, and prob 50% of the calls were based upon that.