HeyBub

miamicuse wrote:
I am exploring cutting a 36"x36" hole through the 8" concrete slab in
my kitchen to access a sewer line for repair.

Called a few concrete contractors and one told me he will use a
jackhammer to punch the hole (cost $300) and the other told me he
will use a saw (cost $500). The jackhammer will probably spray dust
in all directions and shake loose some copper pipes in walls. The
saw will make a clean cut according to the contractor but he told me
"imagine starting a motor cycle immersed in a mud puddle"...this does
not sound promising. Is there a way to do this to minimize dust and
mess? I am willing to pay a bit more for a cleaner procedure.

Also, if they use a saw, does it mean it is a big mean machine they
will move from my door to the kitchen and along the way it may
scratch the tiles along it's path?

Thanks,

MC

Think later. After the job you have a repaired sewer line and, above it,
some dirt and a 3x3x1' plug of concrete.

What keeps the plug from settling?

I'd tunnel. Small children work cheap.