Vic Dura

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 03:12:25 GMT, in alt.home.repair How to have
warm feet without in-floor heat? "C. Bailey"
wrote:

Every house I have ever owned had cold floors in the basement (even when
carpeted). The last house we bought does not have in-floor heat. The
basement is unfinished with the exception of being framed. We could pour
another 3" of concrete on the floor and put the right plumbing in the floor
for heat, but I am curious if there are simpler options (besides wearing
slippers).

Instead of another 3" of concrete, how about a wood floor laid over
2"x4"s with the heat plumbing laid in there?