SQLit

"miamicuse" wrote in message
I am exploring cutting a 36"x36" hole through the 8" concrete slab in my
kitchen to access a sewer line for repair.

Called a few concrete contractors and one told me he will use a jackhammer
to punch the hole (cost $300) and the other told me he will use a saw

(cost
$500). The jackhammer will probably spray dust in all directions and

shake
loose some copper pipes in walls. The saw will make a clean cut according
to the contractor but he told me "imagine starting a motor cycle immersed

in
a mud puddle"...this does not sound promising. Is there a way to do this

minimize dust and mess? I am willing to pay a bit more for a cleaner
procedure.

Also, if they use a saw, does it mean it is a big mean machine they will
move from my door to the kitchen and along the way it may scratch the

tiles
along it's path?

Thanks,

MC

If this structure was built as a residence then I will bet that the floor is
4 inches max. Last time my plumbing leaked under the floor I got some fiber
and diamond blades for my "crappy" circular saw. I call it crappy cause I
only use it for crappy jobs. Kept the area damp which helped hold down the
dust. Took most of Saturday to get though enough that the 16 pound sledge
could do the rest.
Any way you go there is going to be a mess.