Bob

There are a couple problems of using florescent bulbs in a bathroom:

- We spend very few hours in the bathroom, and florescent bulbs
are more expensive than regular light bulbs. We will not
recover the additional cost of using florescent bulbs for a
very long time.

California now requires general lighting in bathrooms to be fluorescent.
So a typical bathroom has three switches by the door: One for the
incandescent light bar over the mirror, one for the exhaust fan, and one
for a compact fluorescent light on the ceiling.